I am the unfortunate owner of one of the 8+ million Cuisinart food processors that were recalled because the chopping blades disintegrate and injure people (69 serious injuries at last count).I ordered a replacement blade last December 16 2016 as soon as I heard about the recall.

It is April 3 2017 and no replacement has arrived! I called and after hours of hold time they say it would be 6 more months until they can ship the blade. Buyer beware. You can find much better companies to buy from.

I would never consider another product from Cuisinart.Incidentally, when you finally reach a service rep they do not speak English and are very rude.

Review about: Cuisinart Food Processor.

Reason of review: Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy.

Had an Experience with Cuisinart?

Comments

Los Angeles, California, United States #1322311

I too registered as soon as it was reported on the news, which was right before the 2016 holiday season.I have received 2-3 emails from Cuisinart apologizing for the delays, and giving recipes that don't require the use of the recalled blade.

I keep looking at this slip of paper on my desk with my service notification number, and wonder where they are with this recall. So today (4/27/17) I called. After a moderate wait time, 10-15 minutes, I was connected to a rep who indeed had a very thick accent, very sweet, very apologetic and very polite, but she had to xfr me to a rep specifically dedicated to the recall issue. This is when it got ugly.

I was xfrd to a gal with no accent, and no customer service skills. She looked up my service notification #, and said, "We're looking at July for your replacement". That makes it 7 months. When I told her Honda replaced the airbags in two of our vehicles in less time, she replied.

"Those are cars, these are food processors". This is when I got ugly. "Seriously? Is that Cuisinart's official response, or are you just tired of taking the heat?" I heard an audible sigh, and snapped, "I hope an eye roll came with that sigh, sweetheart!", "But guess what, Cuisinart has, and continues to sell millions of new units since this recall went out.", "At what point do they say, "We need to make good with our existing consumers and either offer deep discounts, or total unit replacement on new units depending on the age of...

"Will there be anything else?" Are you kidding me?Yes, yes there will be something else, a letter going to corporate asking them if this attitude is something they pride themselves on.